Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Audrey Hepburn: A Fashion Icon

Yesterday marked what would have been Audrey Hepburn's 85th birthday. If you wasn't aware then you probably did see Google celebrating it on their homepage all day and I must admit it made me smile because things like that always do. I thought the Google thing was extraordinary - this woman has given so much to the entertainment and fashion world, she has also encouraged girls for years to step out of their comfort zones and is still inspiring them today... I'm very glad that Google decided they wanted to commemorate her. I'm not lying when I say that this lady has always been one of my greatest 'classic' style icons. She was an amazing woman who could pull off pretty much any chic, feminine look that she set her mind to, and she wasn't even afraid to wear the trousers from time to time! You could tell that she didn't take life too seriously, but still wanted to make the most out of things... and I think that reflects in her wardrobe choices. My favourite quote of hers is "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible' "... so thank you Audrey for giving your talent, knowledge and incredible fashion sense to the world. We will always admire you xx










 

No comments:

Post a Comment