Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Playboy Makeup Review

The lovely team over at Playboy Make-up were extremely kind to send me through some of their latest products for free. I received three items in my little package, which you could say are essential for pulling off one of my favourite and classic looks... the quirky pin-up girl! The packaging the lipstick and mascara came in was really shiny and pretty, so I won't be throwing those away which is a first!



The lipstick is called 'Perfect Kiss Intense Lipstick' and this was my favourite product out of the set. I am a die hard lipstick fanatic, and I loved how this shade was able to compliment most of my outfits for the start of Autumn. The shade is a coral colour with hints of pink tones. I can't say it's a summer colour (if you're looking for an explosion of colour on your lips) because it isn't very bold. However Perfect Kiss is slightly more subtle, which gives it that flexibility to wear during the cooler months ahead... pretty darn perfect if you ask me!

The first thing I noticed about 'Playful Lashes Volumizing Mascara' was the vibrant orange/pink-ish colour of the tube - I am always so fascinated with all things design and I believe Playboy put a lot of time and effort into this eye-catching range. I love that the mascara is a wonderful jet-black because it is my go-to eyelash colour and is always a safe bet for me. The mascara wand was shaped in a great way so you can create those brilliant full, voluminous lashes that every woman desires. The nail varnish I received was a beautiful, glittery blue and I bet it will look awesome when Christmas eventually rolls around.     


To create a look worthy of a pin-up legend, I had to do a little bit of research. Although I didn't have super bright, vampy red lips like Dita Von Teese (I used Playboy's Perfect Kiss of course)... I did take a look at some of her photographs for a little bit of inspiration. Pin-ups are famous for having a very pale complexion with eccentric eyes and a fabulous pout. I used Nivea's Daily Essentials BB Cream in shade Light for my base and then applied white eye-shadow from my Sunkissed Pallette to the whole lids. I then applied two different browns to the lower lid and eye crease, then blended together. Winged cat-eyes and the Playful Lashes mascara was put on last to make the eyes pop. Last but not least, I added Perfect Kiss and dabbed it onto the lips so it would last longer. 


Voila! Has anyone else tried any make-up from Playboy before? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely! I nominated you for a Liebster award! Check mine out here! http://promisingrose.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/liebster-award.html

    Promisingrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete