Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

Aimee Feeds a Rhino!

On Monday 8th September (a while back now!), I had the pleasure of being taken to Port Lympne Zoo by my best friend, to feed the rhinos she works with. This was a once in a lifetime experience and a great 21st birthday present. We started off the day by going on the safari drive around the zoo, which was lovely and meant we could have a good chin-wag and catch up - as always. The weather was amazing for a September day, which meant all the animals were out enjoying their natural habitat. When we finally made our way through to Basecamp at 2.30pm, the rhinos were ready to be fed. I think what surprised me the most was that I was very relaxed, and was very shocked to find that rhinos are actually quite gentle animals despite their harsh (and sometimes false) representation. I was allowed to stroke the one I was feeding and was amazed that its skin was not rough and tough as I had imagined, but really quite soft! Overall the experience was brilliant and I'm so glad I got to share it with my best friend. This is definitely one for my memory jar! Have any of you been lucky enough to feed or stroke an animal from a zoo? I'd love to hear about it!  







I look miserable here but I promise you I wasn't! This is my 'concentration face' :) 




4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a good time. I would love to be able to pet a zoo animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! It was such a great experience :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this looks like so much fun! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! The one I fed was really strong and took a whole branch from me but he was lovely xx

    ReplyDelete