Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Wow... I haven't posted since June?! Crikey. It's been one of those days where I have been racking my brain for something to do and then I remembered how much I've missed writing in this. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. These past two months have flown by so this will most definitely be a bit higgledy piggledy and random as I haven't planned this like I normally do. 

I turned 21 a week and a half ago, and though some of you may treat birthdays as a day of dread or 'just another day', I usually tend to think about where my life is going as each year passes. It's sort of like a whole day of reflection for me... although I don't think I've changed that much, the person I am now at 21 is completely different to the person I was when I was 16 (notice I'm talking about landmarks here?!). The truth is you're always going to know more in the future than you do at this moment in time. There's always going to be another lesson, another journey, another unforgettable moment right round the corner ... and yes, I'm 100% aware that I'm sounding a little Carrie Bradshaw right now. I'm not sure what lies ahead in my twenties and beyond, but what I do know is that life will always be a roller-coaster of emotion. We have to go through the bad to appreciate the good. When life gives you lemons you have to turn it into lemonade. When you've hit the ground the only other place you can go is up. What doesn't kill you makes you a million times stronger than before. If people don't like you for who you are, then shake it off and be the bigger person... loving yourself is far better than trying to give your happiness to people who don't appreciate your company. In a world where females in particular are constantly being compared to other females, it's no wonder we're made to feel down, not attractive enough, not clever enough or simply not good enough. But what I find the most strange thing of all is that women bring down other women, knowing exactly how hard things can get.

Due to my lack of posting I've decided that I'll probably start a video channel at some point just to give it a try and see how things go in the big world of YouTube. I hope that you take away something positive from this and remember that life is like a camera... develop from the negatives. Keep fighting the dementors and ignore the haters.
Much love, Aimee xx 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and true post. Not enough people are positive these days when in fact we need it more now then ever. Every girl should be nice to other girls and spread love not judgement :) I really enjoyed this post xx

    jesstastics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) If people were always kind to each other then the world would be a much happier place haha... glad you enjoyed xx

    ReplyDelete