Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

Winter Wonderland

On Tuesday evening, my boyfriend and I made a spontaneous little trip up to the incredible Hyde Park to go to Winter Wonderland to get ourselves into the Christmassy spirit... (girls just love a bit of spontaneity don't they?!) But before we caught the tube to Hyde Corner, we made a tiny detour to Kings Cross station where we found Platform 9 3/4! Being a massive Potter fan, I was in my element as there was a trolley half way through the wall which made me giggle quite a lot. It does make me smile knowing commuters don't bat an eyelid because everyone knows what it is and why it is there. Everyone loves Harry Potter! Unfortunately, I couldn't get a photo of the magical trolley making it's way onto the Hogwarts Express, but I did have a browse in the hidden Harry Potter shop next to it and the merchandise was so adorable! If someone wants to buy me the Hedwig key chain for my car keys, I will love you forever.  

I was told that it would be best to go to Winter Wonderland in the evening because it apparently has a much better atmosphere, and boy did it deliver! I am a complete sucker for all things cutesy and romantic, so I'm really glad I had the chance to go because I didn't want to miss it again like I did last year. It was completely packed as you could probably expect. The Christmas market was so pretty and I loved how everything was lit up with fairy lights (I do love my fairy lights!). We froze ourselves silly in the -8 degrees Magical Ice Kingdom, and I just couldn't resist going down the slide made of complete ice - how embarrassing! There are also a ton of rides to go on and they're not just your average ones - all sorts of roller coasters and one even had a waterfall coming out of it! If you're planning on going with your family or friends, it is completely free to get in, but if you want to visit certain attractions you have to purchase tickets online here. It's on until the the 4th January 2015, and the site is open daily (apart from Christmas Day of course!) from 10am - 10pm so you're free to visit whenever you please. I would definitely recommend it as it is such a fun day/evening out and it is right by the stunning Oxford Street so if you needed to get some last minute Christmas presents you are spoilt for choice (and obviously the Disney store is there so that is a perfect excuse to go). I apologise if some of my photography is a bit on the bright side in some of them... it was really hard to get decent photographs because of all the lights.   











If I don't post again before Christmas, I hope all you lovely lot have a very merry Christmas with your loved ones. I hope you all get spoilt rotten by Santa and you eat lots of amazing food! Have a good one guys xx 

1 comment: