Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

You Are Strong

I've always wanted to be able to write posts that are useful to people and I've always been quite sceptical over how intimate and personal my writing gets. Beloved Jaine is first and foremost a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog where I'll talk about recent amazing products I've tried (or not!), and my experiences as an internet persona (if that's what you want to call it?). I understand that readers do generally enjoy getting to know the person behind the words, but there's always been a part of me that thought maybe revealing too much would mean the reader doesn't take anything away from it. There was also the possibility that they wouldn't be that interested anyway.  Over the past few weeks I've noticed that quite a few girls on social media aren't happy with themselves physically and emotionally. It is upsetting because I can identify with them, and trust me that is very hard to admit. I think if you are a beauty blogger or an outgoing individual, there is the automatic assumption that you ooze total body confidence and are 100% content with the type of person that you are. That is actually not very accurate. Myself, like most people, have very good days and very down days. One morning I'll wake up and I'll feel like I can take on the world, and then the next day I'll feel like a completely different person. Sometimes I love myself (I feel bad for saying this - damn you society) and sometimes I absolutely hate myself. I tend to try and avoid any type of negativity, because one of the main reasons I write Beloved Jaine is to make people like you feel good about yourself. However I feel that being honest is an incredible trait to have in a person. You might not take anything away from this and wonder why you bothered in the first place, or you might end up not feeling so alone because I, like you, have been there. I want you to know that you don't have to be ashamed of who you are, or how you look or how other people perceive you. You're not weak for having doubts about yourself or having a cry every now and again. Everyone has insecurities,  and you will soldier on just like you always do because you are so incredibly strong. 

3 comments:

  1. This article is really good!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♥
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going!
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much girls! I really appreciate the lovely comments :) I'll check out your blogs! Xx

    ReplyDelete